Thursday 2 December 2010

Billboard and magazines....

I want to keep my static adverts very similar and inline with my moving advert. I want to pretty much use the same artwork, same colours etc. I have been thinking about text to put on the adverts and decided to keep it simple with the 'handmade' style and use "Have a Babycham Christmas'. I know I want to use the same script font for 'Babycham' but its a game of trial and error with the rest of the text, ideally i'd like it all script, but that is no good for a poster as it is hard to read...
The whole process of making my static adverts was just playing around with artwork I had used in the animation, cutting some more bits up and changing things around a bit like a collage, actually that is the sort of look I am going for with the advert, a collage feel... Here are some pictures of my development work on the static adverts...

For the background, I want to keep with the textured blue..

I re did the text in Photoshop, using the stars like in the animation.


I then pretty much played trial and error and here are some of the things I came up with...



And for the magazine...




I thought of using a small babycham logo in the static adverts, but decided against it, it didn't fit with the rest of the 'handmade' style...
After all that playing around, here is my finished billboard...

I much prefer it with the wrapping paper scrunched around the bottle, I played around with so many typefaces for the text that sits with the script Babycham and I really like the sans, condensed font, the claret colour really fits in with the Christmas feel and the rest of the campaign and I actually found an old Babycham coaster and they are the exact same colours! I found this after I had chosen the colour scheme, so a bit weird, but good!

We have to place our billboard on a photo of a real billboard, at first I was going to use an image like these...


But then decided, that as it is a Christmas advert, it should be on a billboard in the snow!

Below is my final magazine advert...


Again, very in-keeping with the rest of my campaign and similar to the billboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment