Monday 11 January 2010

Leaflet...




I want to create a trifold leaflet. I explored this in my sketchbook. I am going to have a timeline in the middle. A simple front cover and a quote on the middle section with a plain black back.
My theme is film noir, which is obviously from the 40's/50's, in my sketchbook I explored different ways of looking at this (Doing poster art or basing it more on the cinematography) I am basing it more on the stills and the darkness of noir, I am putting a sort of modern twist in with it, especially for the leaflet. I want it quite minimal, with the font still flowing from piece to piece (bebas) I am using mainly black and white with a swatch of a sort of beige/pink which works really well with the black and white, I will use this colour when needed throughout the whole project.
To start with I wanted to draw a gun, I have done this in Illustrator using the pen tool and sometimes the eclipse and rectangle tool also. I have drawn a modern looking line drawing of a gun rather than an old fashioned film noir gun, I have done this to fit in my modern style of Film Noir.
I am calling the leaflet - A brief History of film noir - I have put this in Bebas as if it coming out of the gun..
I then added the main 'FILM NOIR' and the background colour (the pink/beige I was talking about earlier - I saved this as a swatch so I can use it amongst all my designs...
I am please with the front colour, it is a very bold and simple, I think it works well within my theme.
I made a timeline which opens up to A4 size. I did this in illustrator using the line tool, I have drawn the line alternating longer and shorter, its very sharp and again works well in my theme. The text of the films I have put in bebas to sot well with all the other designs.

For the middle folding page I have added a quote from a famous film noir film. I went through many quotes and this stands out the most to sit within this design.

I had a lot of trouble figuring out where to put what side! I printed many practices before I went to the printers!

No comments:

Post a Comment