Monday 11 January 2010

Poster

For my poster I am going to use one of the doorway images. I will turn this into black and white and play around with contrast and light....

I opened the image in Photoshop...
The image alone wasn't big enough for an A3 poster, so I made a new layer and copied and pasted the image into that. I chose to layer them up where the door was as it would be easy to blend.
I then blended the images together using a layer mask. The door doesn't look like it has been put together at all which is great.

I then turned the image to black and white I did this by pulling the colour away from the image..
I then played around with colour balance and saturation etc...
I then wanted to darken parts of the image to get that intense black seen in Film Noir. I did this by using the pen tool to select where I wanted to darken...
I then changed the contrast to darken certain areas without making the whole image dark (Which just made the woman look funny)
I then played around with different font faces until I came across Bebas which worked really well as the title. Then a script font called Lauren Script (which is weird as that is the models name!) for the actors.. I put this across the plain door, its very simple but effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment