Thursday 11 February 2010

Designing continued...

For the logo of my site I wanted to keep it simple but with some meaning behind it. I have added baseline, cap line, mean line etc to the type, this is a sort of basic lesson in typography in the logo... I made this using illustrator then transferred it to Photoshop and put on similar lined paper...
Before this logo I experimented with a few other ideas...

I added a footer with another small navigation and copyright information...
I then started playing around with layout and content...

I thought it would be a good idea for the homepage to have basic information on Typography and maybe some suggested reading, so I added an image of a useful Typography book...
I then decided to tilt the notebook and book and create sticky tape to make them seem as if they are pasted on the brown paper. I also wanted something to show what page the viewer is on which I thought a pencil would be good to show (This example is of a very rough pencil drawing!)
This is what it will look like as different pages are selected...


No comments:

Post a Comment