Thursday 11 February 2010

Reviewing and changing designs...

After making my presentation and thinking about my design more I have decided to make some amendments. For a start I have decided not to make the whole background brown paper....the content will just look lost if someone is viewing it on a large screen, so the first thing I changed was that... I also decided to have the notepad straight rather than tilting, this is because it will be in an invisible box and content will be tricky to place around it....
I thought it was a good idea to make the logo bigger, in my original designs it was smaller than the navigation type. I have also added a drop shadow to the logo like the notepad...
I then added the book image in as well, this I have left tilting but outside of the brown paper so there will be plenty of room for content. I also added some buttons in front of the type in the navigation, it makes it more clear...

I changed my content type to Arial, this font works well on the brown paper and is very clear to read, most computers should have that font installed also...
I have decided to have a tablecloth like background on my site, I can tile this pattern easily and the content won't look lost as it would have on brown paper (which would also have been tricky to tile)...

No comments:

Post a Comment