Monday 1 March 2010

And so on...

I have decided to change my design from brown paper to a textured paper colour I made in Photoshop. It will look much better tiling and will have no join lines.
To begin with I made my layout, tiling the tablecloth background (which is only 4 small squares originally), I then tiled the paper (which was also a tiny image). The paper is my wrapper where all my content will sit. I put the Nav bar in (notepad) and it looked far to big, I decided to cut it down to about half the size and make the text buttons much smaller. My logo sits well above the nav and I now have more room for content, without it all being pushed aside.
The homepage is just a brief introduction/history to Typography. I have put a div to the right of the nav and another under the nav and text, this is so the text will look as if it is floating around the nav. I have also added the image of the book, all images I have removed the backgrounds so they are transparent in Photoshop. I have added a small footer, which isn't really that noticeable - But its not supposed to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment