Monday 1 March 2010

...

Once I had finished the homepage, I copied and pasted it into other html docs so I can edit from there rather than repeat the whole process again. My next page to work on was Terminology, for this page I made a diagram to go with each term I was describing. I made all of these in Photoshop. Below are a few samples...

These diagrams sit on the right under the div, with a small piece of writing to the left of them saying what they mean. Originally I didn't make the diagrams all the same width, so when I put them onto the site they looked terrible, I have now made them all the same width and changed them, they look a lot better!

I had some problems trying to sit the images and text side by side. I tried 3 different ways of doing this and eventually got it right. Firstly, I put 2 column divs next to each other in one main div - This didn't work! Secondly I put each image and text set in individual divs - This was just messy! At last it worked well just by sitting them all in one big div! Eg:
Image - text
Image - text
Image - text
Image - text
Image - text
Image - text
and so on...

This page is looking really good now, at last - progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment