Thursday 11 February 2010

Designing my site...


Originally thinking of my scrapbook idea I started playing with some hard-copy drafts and scanning them in to see how that would work...
I liked the idea of torn notepaper...and brown paper...I also thought that handwritten type could look really well, I experimented with all of these ideas...
When playing around with these images on photoshop I realised that they will look ok as headings but that the page won't really sit well together. I decided to make the whole background brown paper. I scrunched up a sheet of brown paper, scanned it into photoshop and played with the light..
When that was complete I started on my notepad (which is where I want my navigation to be)
I drew a plain white rectangle..
I then started to make circle and rectangle selections along the top and deleting them to make the holes...

I then gave the whole notepad a drop shadow...
I then started on making the notepad lined...
Then deleting what was outside the box...
I then did exactly the same thing in red down the left side to make the margin lines...
I made the paper seem creased by using a huge brush which I stamped once over the whole notepad then changed the opacity down...
All I had left to do was to mask some of the notepad away so that it would seem torn...
I found a font on the internet that I want to use for my Navigation, its a sort of 'handwritten' font and works really well on the lined notepaper, its called Quixeramobim, I was going to use this for body content as well but I can't, i will have to use it just for headings and navigation and use images.




No comments:

Post a Comment