Tuesday 8 June 2010

Editing...

When I imported all my clips from the Zi8 I had to compress them to Apple Pro Res 422 for Progressive material files, I did this using compressor. I had 50 separate clips to compress which took hours! Compressor kept crashing so I needed to break the clips up and do them in small batches. When they had all converted I created a separate folder and dragged all the pro res files into it, I then opened the folder in final cut so I now had all my clips in the editing software.

I then began going through my clips and putting them in order in the timeline. I had around 50 clips. The film came to 5 minutes in total so I had a lot of editing to do to get it down to 15 seconds! I started looking at clips in more detail and getting rid of some that didn't look to great altogether.

I got the film down to around 2 minutes and this is where the harsh editing started, I had to scan each clip in detail and study movement. I edited a lot down by counting steps and hand movement etc, for example if Lolly ran 4 steps, I would cut it down to two... I did similar editing all the way through until I got it down to 15 seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment