Tuesday 8 June 2010

Problems...

BIG PROBLEM!

Over half term I tried to edit my film further and it wouldn't open, I couldn't understand what the problem was and after hours of playing around with it I decided to leave it and do my final edits on the Monday back (day before deadline) I thought the film would be fine on the original computer I used on my college computer. I got to college on the Monday and my film still wouldn't open...It turns out the file was corrupt..I had to start editing from scratch for deadline the next day!

I repeated the process, it was actually a lot quicker to edit as I could remember most of my edit and cut points...

I had to re do everything. Upload all the clips again (which show on the right) and start putting back into the correct order...


The timeline shows the order and length of the clips...

I used the Ripple tool to cut each clip down...
I zoomed in and out of timeline a lot, this made it easier and clearer to edit closely...


I finally got my film down to 15 seconds again. At last!
I wantead to play around with the light of each clip to level it out. I filmed from around 5pm to 11pm so the change in light was huge! I did this using colour correction in final cut...

As I was changing the colour it made the film look older and not as clear but I quite liked that effect so I stuck with it, I ended up changing every single clip, some more than others...

No comments:

Post a Comment