Monday 10 January 2011

Thames Clippers Film...

My first thoughts for the Thames Clippers short film is to use 'hip hop editing' or 'fast cutting', much like the project we did 'Crash, band, wallop'. I can use the skills I learnt in this project and mix it up with the project '3 easy pieces'.
The director Darren Aronofsky is famous for using hip hop editing. He directed films such as 'Requiem for a dream' and the new feature film 'Black Swan'.

A famous scene from Requiem from a dream:



Also Guy Ritchies film Snatch has a short scene of fast cutting:



I am now looking at filmakers who make mixed media films. The BBC has a website full of short films, its a great site and I found the following on there...

The film below is called 'Stalk' by Leigh Hodgekinson, I really like the look and texture of the film and want to have a similar feel in mine...



The film below is by 12foot6 and is called 'Urban Animals' I like the actual footage mixed with the animation, maybe I could use something like this in my film...




I've been looking for some short films shot in London for ideas, I like the jumpiness of the film below and the jumps from different areas of London...

Breathing from Juan Fran Jimenez on Vimeo.

I found an experimental film shot around London below. I like the look of the film and the texture of it. I also like the Big Ben chimes, that could be a good idea.... Add certain sound effects as the commuter goes past certain landmarks?

London Experimental film

On Thames Clippers website there is a short video which is rubbish! Click on the link below to go to their homepage on view the video...

Thames Clippers website

No comments:

Post a Comment