Monday 14 February 2011

Filming...

I want to create my film in a point of view style, so film everything that a commuter would actually see with their own eyes. I thought at first that I could wear my camera round my neck, but trying this I realised that the camera would be tilted and would shoot to high up! I wasted quite a lot of time doing this! I then tried in my hat and that also didn't work!

I was a bit wary of just holding a camera up at people on the tube, but in the end just got on with it, no one really said anything, apart from a few dirty looks! I filmed A LOT, on all tube journeys, walking on the street where I could capture no parking signs etc and traveling on buses...

I want my film to be very jumpy and hectic so I was very rough with my filming, obviously showing a fast paced walk/run around London. I captured A LOT of video, this is obviously going to be edited down, I have hours of footage and want my films to be around 30 seconds each. I want to create 3 films overall, BUT they will all start the same and just have different endings, so one ending may be going past the London Eye and the next past Big Ben or whatever... I want the majority of footage I use in the film to include:
Crowds
Running on the street
Up and down bus stairs
Closed bus stops
No parking signs
Escalators
Large overground stations (Victoria)
Opening/closing of doors
Trains departing
People standing on tube

I finished filming everything I needed for the hectic part of the film but I still needed the boat!

I waited and waited for a sunny day and eventually one came along. Bright Blue sky. I filmed pretty much the whole boat journey, I went from Embankment to Canary Wharf and was actually very impressed with the journey, its the way to travel if you can... The only footage I plan to use from the boat though is close ups of the landmarks and the bright blue sky...

I now have all my footage, now for the editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment