Wednesday 16 February 2011

Floor stickers

Instead of creating normal wall posters I want to make circular floor stickers. The designs can be printed onto vinyl and stuck directly onto the ground! I took photographs of landmarks around London on a sunny day and photos of crowds, escalators, feet etc to get the opposite feel. I want to use the phrase 'What did you see on your way in?' So the viewer looks and thinks, I saw a queue at the station when I could have got a seat on the river on a sunny day! I edited the photos in Photoshop to be really sharp, bright and inviting... I then edited my photos in Photoshop to circles. I added the text 'What did you see on your way in?' centered in the middle of each one. I wanted to use the font Gill Sans as this is used throughout my campaign and is easy to read. I used various colours, only originally going to use black and white depending on the picture but ended up going for postbox red too as this really stands out. I created 7 floor stickers, 3 of which I had printed and I am really pleased with them. I recommend to print to a diameter of 500mm for maximum impact. The final 7 stickers are shown below. These can be developed a lot further and my idea is for eventually the public uploading their own images of 'What they saw on their way in'

No comments:

Post a Comment