Wednesday 16 February 2011

YCN Entry PDF

To go with my entry to the YCN competition I need to create a PDF that explains what my design is about and why I have done it. I used InDesign to create this. I wanted to use the colours of the Thames Clippers logo, so I have set a grey background to each page with the Thames Clippers logo top right. I will use orange, white and black for text. I made swatches of the exact colours from the logo.

I want to include the following pages:
1. Title page
2.Summary of the brief and my proposal
3.Film stills and brief explanation
4.Floor stickers and word association for Thames Clippers
5. Floor stickers and word association for other transport
6.Where my designs will be showcased and how they can be developed.

I want to keep the PDF as brief and short as possible, no one is going to want to trail through loads of pages of text!

Title page:
Proposal:

Film still page:

I took screenshots of some scenes from the films and used to grids to place them cleanly on the page.

Thames Clippers word association and floor stickers:
I want my word association to look punchy and eye catching, I used the Thames Clippers colours and various text sizes.



Next to the word association I will have some images of the floor stickers
Other transport word association and floor stickers:

I wanted to make a difference between this page and the last and thought it would be a good idea to use some striking red in the word association.





After printing my PDF out I went through and did some changes to make it look better, I made various images bigger, text smaller, and changed some spacing. Below is my final PDF..

I am pleased with my final PDF. Its very short and sweet and I think thats what it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment