Wednesday 6 April 2011

Editing Stop Motion

I had all my shooting complete. I then started to put them together. I started by putting all the photos in final cut pro. I did one layer with the person stop motion and put them in order, i then changed the duration to around 0.2 seconds on each photo. I added a new layer and did the same with the backgrounds. I played around with the duration, I also repeated some of the shots in places to balance out timings with the backgrounds.

I then added sound, I chose Tall Ships tracks for 2 of the stop motions, their very fast and upbeat and match the stop motions really well. I used Penguin Cafe Orchestra for one also.

I then had to play around with the sizes and sort out the endings of the films, they ended really abruptly in sound and visuals. I exported the movs and imported them into After Effects to place into the correct size. I had some problems with Jays stop motion, the flowers were so built up they had gone of the side of the camera so I added 2 white blocks either side. At first I made a fuzzy edge in Photoshop but I don't think it suited the feel and preferred just a plain white, I added a white block behind the other 2 too.



I played around with the colour in After Effects too, they now look a lot brighter and 'fun'



I then faded the films (and audio) out to white and will place Marie's butterfly Meadowlands ending on the ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment