Monday 4 October 2010

All about the music...

I want to set my short animations to snippets from songs. I have been thinking about what kind of music I want to use before what actual shapes/stories I want to create. I think the process of picking the music will give me different ideas and help 'set the scene' of what I want my animations to look like...

Firstly I thought of Lemon Jelly (Who I previously talked about in my blog and sketchbook) A few of their songs are below...

'In The Bath' The beginning of this track would be great for a short animation....



'The Slow Train' would also be great, simple shapes creating a train moving along a track
I actually found a video that someone made for uni that goes with this track...



'Nice weather for ducks' I really like the idea of using this for one of my films. The image of rubber yellow ducks comes to mind with big splashes of water. I found a project online that was made to go with this song, it was made using Photoshop...



The Clash... I thought would be cool to set a short animation too, short punchy punk songs could work well with fast moving changing shapes. Although 'Lose this skin' (below) very different from other Clash tracks I love and really want to use for one animation!



'Janie Jones' A snippet from this song would work really well with a fast paced animation...




Much like Janie Jones fast paced beats and lyrics the beginning of Elastica's 'Connection' would be brilliant for this...



The classical route...

I want at least one of my animations to be set with a classical soundtrack...

Clair de lune is one of favourite pieces of music, below is the music with a video someone has made which is actually quite inspiring for my project...



Ludovico Einaudi's music for This is England is also a beautiful music for a 'sad narrative' in one of my animations...


Yann Tiersen is a french musician who mainly writes music to accompany films, his soundtracks include Amelie and Goodbye Lenin. Some of his music is below...







Whilst looking at Yann Tiersen video's on YouTube I came across this short animation that accompanies one of his songs for the Amelie soundtrack, it is a beautiful piece...


That film 'The Piano' was made by 'Aniboom', I looked into more of their animations, some of them fantastic! They are nothing like the animations we are making but are definitely worth looking at. 'This animation is about your life' is another Aniboom film below...

No comments:

Post a Comment