Friday 19 November 2010

Babycham & Christmas

I have decided to go with the brand Babycham. Babycham is such an out of date brand and is always looked down upon. People think of Babycham and think tacky, out of date and cheap. I want to use the 'tackyness' of babycham and make it 'cool'. The whole over the top, vintage, kitsch look is seen as cool and trendy nowadays, I think I can make a Babycham advert that emphasises that. I thought it would be a good idea to do a Christmas advert seeing as it is coming up so quickly, Christmas also fits with the brans (the main Babycham adverts I remeber have been for Christmas).

When I first thought of using Babycham, I thought of the opening titles to the hit US show 'Bewitched' - The classic script title glittering against the night time background, along with the main character on a broomstick flying amongst the glittering stars... This is the sort of thing I want to create, I like the idea of using a scruipt typeface for the Babycham logo..

I also want to try and handmake everything in the advert.

My idea is this:

A Christmas present perfectly wrapped (oversized ribbons n'all)

The text 'What do you want for Christmas?' appears then dissapears

The present unwraps itself to reveal the gift...

A bottle of Babycham

The bottle wobbles as if going to burst

The cork explodes of the top of the bottle and Babycham is spraying into the air

As the Baycham stops spraying it starts falling, but as snowflakes

The snowflakes fall and fall until they gather on the ground

The words 'All you need is' appears

Underneath the word Babycham writes itself in a script font and glistening against the nightime background, above the snowflakes.

I would like the background to be a painted texture scanned in. Maybe thick acrylics so you can see the texture of the paint or maybe even paint on ridged cardboard or fabric?

The snowflakes I think would look really cool as paper snowflakes (as in the ones you make at primary school!) A few different styles, sizes and textures...

The bottle is a tricky one as I don't want it to look to 'kids collage'. I'm thinking of painting it, or maybe making it out of cut out paper, I don't want to use a real label either, that will be painted too. The cork would look cool if I scanned some cork in and made a cork shape in illustrator? Or even taking a photograph of a cork and using that? I think that would look good popping off into the sky if it was real rather than painted or drawn digitally.

The present could look good with scanned in Christmas wrapping paper? Or maybe experimenting in illustrator with different textures? I would like a velvet ribbon - I think I will try scanning in a real ribbon or maybe just the fabric if that doesn't work out...

No comments:

Post a Comment