Monday 8 November 2010

Looking at adverts/Narrowing down brands...


I have narrowed down the brands I want to use too: Smirnoff, Sailor Jerrys, Winter Pimms or Babycham. On this post I will be looking at their advertising campaigns of the past and try to come up with some ideas...

Smirnoff:

The famous 'Sea' TV advert...






The Smirnoff moving adverts are always big budget, clever adverts that make a big impact on the viewer, they aren't forgotten quickly and fit with the Vodka brand very well.



The still image adverts for Smirnoff I'm not as keen on. They are always very simple and quite boring in some ways. i like the Smirnoff Ice ad in the snow but apart from that all I found in my research was pretty dull images.

Sailor Jerry Rum:

The advert below seems more for Sailor Jerry merchandise than the drink, although the song is about rum and it states 'Please drink responsively'


I don't actually believe that the Sailor Jerry advert below is even real! Apparently it is but it is awful... I definitely do not want to do anything like this!



Although I didn't find any Sailor Jerry commercials I liked, I did find a lot of still adverts... I love the style of Sailor Jerry rum, the packaging, the tattoo inspired design - Which is a huge part of Sailor Jerry, many people have Sailor Jerry tattoos themselves and of course their clothing...

Winter Pimms:

Winter Pimms pretty much uses the classic Pimms advert in reverse for the Christmas season...




This seems to be the only Winter Pimms advert I can find! Seems ridiculous, although this is the only one I can actually remember!

Babycham:

The classic tacky Babycham adverts...







The advert below is probably the worst advert I have ever seen! Brilliant! haha..


This one is probably up there too!


I really like the still advert below. Its 1960s and quite kitsch, I think this sort of thing could work for a modern Babycham advert...


No comments:

Post a Comment